Be in the Audience
We welcome young audiences. There are reduced student prices for all our performances aimed at younger audiences. We also create projects that enable schools and youth organisations to see performances on an annual basis. See the picture gallery for our Continued Theatre Trips (CTTs). Our Arts Awards page has further offers.
Take a look at the Picture Gallery on the right to see highlights of our Continued Theatre Trips project so far...
Continued Theatre Trips (CTT) is a continuation of the legacy left by three successful years of work with the Prince’s Foundation for Children and the Arts START Programme between 2008-2011.
The aims of CTT are to bring young people into the auditorium to learn about theatre as a consumer and to find out how theatre can play a continuing role in their lives.
CTT aspires to:
1) Help build young people’s confidence by offering two separate visits to a theatre venue supported by introductory in-school assemblies, thus giving young people the chance to experience professionals in action, close up
2) Help young people feel comfortable in a cultural environment
3) Give young people the opportunity to develop appreciation/enjoyment of an art form (e.g. willingness to get involved in cultural activity beyond lesson time, increased independent engagement with the arts) and provide them with a wider set of recreational options and interests
4) Give young people and teachers the opportunity to use the arts as a starting point for inspirational creative and cross-curricular activities
5) Enhance the professional development of teachers