Be in the Audience
We welcome young audiences. There are reduced student prices for all our performances aimed at younger audiences. We also create projects such as CTT (see below) that enable schools and youth organisations to see performances on an annual basis. Our Arts Awards page has further offers.
CONTINUED THEATRE TRIPS (CTTs) 2015-2016
is a continuation of the legacy left by three successful years of work with the Prince's Foundation for Children & the Arts START programme between 2008-2011.
To date, Norwich Playhouse (seating 300) has provided 7,734 places for students and their teachers to see 14 drama, dance and musical productions.
Take a look at the Picture Gallery on the right to see some highlights of our CTT Project so far...
CTT aims to bring young people into the auditorium to learn about theatre as consumers and to find out how theatre can play a continuing role in their lives.
CTT aspires to:
1) Help build young people’s confidence by offering two separate visits to a theatre venue supported by introductory in-school assemblies, thus giving young people the chance to experience professionals in action, close up
2) Help young people feel comfortable in a cultural environment
3) Give young people the opportunity to develop appreciation/enjoyment of an art form (e.g. willingness to get involved in cultural activity beyond lesson time, increased independent engagement with the arts) and provide them with a wider set of recreational options and interests
4) Give young people and teachers the opportunity to use the arts as a starting point for inspirational creative and cross-curricular activities
5) Enhance the professional development of teachers
Production partnerships so far:
Joe Carlarco's R&J - Original Theatre and South Hill Park Autumn 2008
Everything Happens in the Break - Rannel Theatre Company Spring 2009
Norfolk's Rose - Bart Lee Theatre Autumn 2009
ACE Dance & Music - Switch Spring 2010
Everything Happens in the Break - Rannel Theatre Company Autumn 2010
Flor de Muerto - Gomito Theatre Company Spring 2011
In 2Deep - Rannel Theatre Company Autumn 2011
Midsummer Night's Dream - Sell a Door Theatre Company Spring 2012
Your Last Breath - Curious Directive Autumn 2012
My Mother Told Me Not To Stare - Theatre Hullabaloo Spring 2013
In My Shoes - Rationale Hip Hop Company Autumn 2013
Dracula - Blackeyed Theatre Spring 2014
Pocket Dream - Pocket Propeller Autumn 2014
Pocket Comedy - Pocket Propeller Spring 2015
Edmund the Learned Pig - Fittings Multimedia Arts and Krazy Kat Theatre Autumn 2015