Get on Stage
We run a number of projects through the year to give children and young people the chance to perform on our stage, or learn about working behind the scenes. Have a look at the Picture Gallery to see previous student work on stage...
(Photo: Students rehearsing WWI poetry for StageLit 2015)
STAGELIT 3 - EXPLORING ENGLISH LITERATURE THROUGH DRAMA
Now in its 3rd year, we offer StageLit to all state-funded schools FREE!
"Many thanks, in all the drudgery of educational changes, it is the moments like this that shine and make it all make sense. This was aspiration, commitment and excellence at its absolute best. Well done to all involved."
Teacher, Attleborough Academy, StageLit 2016
- To create a series of short performance pieces, live or on film, exclusively using English curriculum texts.
- To offer opportunites for students to work with Playhouse technicians on sound, lighting and projection choices to help analyse and decode curriculum texts.
- To create a positive and inclusinve shared performance opportunity on Wednesday 15 March 2017 at 7pm, that is accessible to students' families and friends.
- To record the evening event to share as a teaching aid for English and Drama classes.
StageLit Key Points:
- Drama must serve Literature in this project, not hijack it.
- Performance extracts may be teacher-led and highlight work done in class that builds students' confidence to write about unseen exam texts.
- Playhouse Education is here to help - through in-school visits and email access to our technicians for advice on projection, sound, video and lighting.
"This has not only helped them to develop their performance if it but has developed their understanding of the text and language." Teacher, Thorpe St. Andrew High School, StageLit 2016
"This project has definitely helped me more while approaching literature because I now understand the pieces better due to having acted it. It would be brilliant if poetry was taught using Drama more often as I believe that it mkaes the poems so much more accessible." Student, Reepham High School, StageLit 2016
TEACHER TWILIGHT AT THE PLAYHOUSE
TUESDAY 20 SEPTEMBER, 4.30 - 6.00PM
Want to know more about StageLit and other ways we support Education? Come to our Teacher Twilight on Tuesday 20 September from 4.30 - 6.00pm on the Playhouse stage. (Please note: large quantities of tea/coffee, sandwiches and cake will be served.) RSVP to email@example.com
SPRINGBOARDS 2017 - DRAMA PLATFORM
WEDNESDAY 29 MARCH 2017 AT 7.00PM
Springboards is our 30-minute Drama platform for GCSE, KS5 Btec and A level students. Up to four schools will take part on the night. Technical rehearsals and final performances are fully supported by our Playhouse technicians.
"It was so great to work in a professional theatre. I liked watching the other group from our school in the techncial rehearsal. It's amazing how much difference the lighting made to their performance overall." Participants, Broadland High School, 2016
"The Springboard festival was a fantastic learning
“Our students don’t often get opportunities like this and really value it” Broadland High School 2015